Some of My Favorites

Saturday, October 25, 2008

7 Facts About Me

7 Facts About Me

Okay, this is still a new thing for me. I am not a major blogger. I have been tagged by Deanna at Random Wanderings. I am supposed to list 7 facts about myself. Hmm, here goes:

I am a big roller coaster chicken. I don’t even like riding Merry-Go-Rounds anymore. Makes me so dizzy. So, I am not much fun at amusement parks.

I love Disney/Pixar movies. My favorite lately is Cars. I just love the message of slowing down and just enjoying life. (Relating to my first fact: I love the “kiddie” rides at Disneyland.) The last time we went to Disneyland I asked my husband to take my picture with every character we came across.

I had a really hard time with panic attacks and anxiety for years. I take medication to help with it. It was so bad I couldn’t attend baseball games at Jack Murphy Stadium or go out to dinner.

I love working with kids. I wanted to be a teacher when I was a kid. I taught preschool for about 8 years. I have an Associates Degree in Child Development. For the last three years I was a noon duty at my daughter’s elementary school. This school year I am taking care of my best friend’s baby. He is four months old.

I had cervical cancer in 2005. I had a hysterectomy in the summer of 2006. I am grateful to be cancer free, yet I was depressed I could never have kids again. Mind you I have three great kids. Just knowing that having another baby was out of the question was a real loss for me.

I had my belly button pierced. It was pierced for about 1-1/2 years until I had surgery for the cancer. I took my ring out for the first surgery and tried to put it back in two days later and the hole had already closed. Bummer.

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I eat them for lunch almost everyday. I ate that for lunch my entire senior year. I still eat them almost daily.


So, now you know a little more about me. It is your turn to share, if you are willing. I am tagging:

Trying my hand at this

Roses and Rocks

Through His Eyes - A Photographer's Expose'

rhradcliffedesigns

Anhoki's Place

Swimming in Fountains


Thanks, Deanna, this was fun.

Hope life is treating you all well and you are doing the same for others.

4 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Thanks Liz...I would like to play....and I like Peanut Butter and JElly too; I probably eat it 3-5 times a week. HEHEHE
RObin
Creations Anew

Anhoki's Place said...

I played...
http://anhoki.blogspot.com/

Angela's Heartwork said...

I had to laugh about getting your picture taken with every character at Disney Land. I, too, did that to my husband at Disney World the first time I went (after having been when I was 3 & the only thing I remember is the Pirates of the Caribbean ride & being terrified of It's a Small World! LOL) It's good to be able to be a kid again, isn't it? :) Thanks for sharing!

~Angela

Anonymous said...

"hoot" is one of my favorite words. Your 7 things about myself made me laugh and cry. We have a lot in common and I always find that so amazing. I think there is a certain Kharma about being an artist. and to think I thought i was the only one in the world that ate peanut butter sandwiches every day.....giggle