Some of My Favorites

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sunday I went on a Treasure Hunt

Sunday I was checking my email, Etsy shop and team forums I belong to. I am a member of the Military Brats Team and San Diego East County Team. One of our Bratty members is also a member of JET. JET stands for Jewelry on Etsy Team. She posted Sunday on our Brat forum that JET was having a Holiday Sale Treasure Hunt and all were welcome. The person heading the hunt was jeweledblossoms. Her True Friendship Bracelets caught my eye.

I love a challenge so I looked into it. The hunt was to start Sunday at 12 pm EST time and end Monday, at 12 pm EST. I live in CA and had read the post at 10:30 am PAC time. The rules of the hunt stated that the first five people to convo the list of 25 shops the Santa mouse visited to jeweledblossoms would win either a gift certificate or a piece of jewelry from one of the participating shops . The remaining people who convo'd their lists would be put in a drawing and 20 entrants would be chosen to receive a gift certificate or piece of jewelry. So, I had a chance.

I was impressed with all the different styles of jewelry I saw. One of my favorites was a pair of pumpkin earrings. Unfortunately I don't remember which shop had them listed. Good excuse to revisit all the the shops who participated. MoonMystic is the Etsian who posted the invite. She has an awesome array of stone pendants and earrings in her shops. Her second Etsy shop is SuperiorStones.etsy.com. Please be sure to check them out.

Back to the hunt... I really got into looking for the Santa mouse. Many times I ended up wandering around the different shops looking at their many artistic creations. I wanted to have a chance at winning, so I had to keep reminding myself to get back on task. "Work, work, work." Not really, it was great fun. (Have you figured out I am competitive?)

I put my list together and convo'd it to the the last listed shop, jeweledblossoms. Shortly thereafter I posted on their forum that I had found the mouse. I waited a bit and saw a new post saying they had a fourth winner. Then I received a convo that I was that winner. Too cool! What a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

Thanks MoonMystic!!!

3 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

Liz, sounds like fun...but I would get so sidetracked, I would find nothing..HEHEHEHEH'
Robin
CreationsAnew

Janette P. said...

Congratulations on winning the treasure hunt!

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the treasure hunt. It was fun to be a part of! Thanks for the mention in your blog. :)