Some of My Favorites

Friday, January 9, 2009

Thought for the Day

"Take a moment and draw a circle around the following personal characteristics that you possess: confidence, poise, imagination, initiative, tolerance, humility, love, cheerfulness, faith enthusiasm, courage, honesty, serenity. I hope you circled them all because all are within each of us. It is simply up to us to bring them out."
J. Wooden

My friend emailed me this quote. I wanted to share it.

I have been having a rough time. Holidays are usually really, really hard for me. My mind was elsewhere this season with concern over my oldest son's choice to leave Marine base without permission. Last night he turned himself in. He may either face time in the brig, their jail, or be discharged. I am just relieved he owned up and turned himself in.

My husband has been jobless since the 29th of December. He has been looking and hopefully will have a position next week. He works in the automotive repair and tire industry. It came as a shock to us.

My husband's aunt says, "Chin up, boobies out." Makes me laugh.

1 comment:

terryann said...

all the best answered prayers!