Some of My Favorites

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Changes


A week ago my oldest son left for boot camp. I watched a show on the Military Channel about Making Marines. It was good to see what goes on. We are hoping to receive a letter from him soon. I am really looking forward to seeing him in uniform.


We are close to purchasing our first house. We are waiting on written approval from their second lender and then it is off to the appraisal and inspection. We are hoping to be moving in the first part of August.


My youngest son is in summer school at the high school. He really likes it. He is also going out for football. He is a freshman. The first week was really hard on him physically. There was one day he thought he couldn't make it any further. They were doing "gassers." Running back and forth, back and forth about 100 yards each way. Thank goodness he is getting used to it. My favorite part is that he is known as "Sunshine" after the kid in 'Remember the Titans.' He has long, shaggy strawberry blond hair. I told him he will be known around school, for a good reason, once it starts. He has made friends with some of the upper classmen on the football team.


My daughter is hanging out this summer. We had her best friend stay with us for five days. They had fun. I am so grateful there was only a few minutes of grumpiness. My best friend had her baby early. My daughter and I went to see them the day after they went home. My daughter asked to hold the baby. I was so impressed with how careful she was. When we went to the baby shower two weeks later and my daughter asked again to hold the him. So sweet.
Having my oldest son leave, my youngest son pushing himself to his limits and playing the waiting game on this house has played havoc on me this last week. I am not working since it is summer. I sometimes miss the scheduled day. Although I am totally enjoying getting to sleep in or just hang out in my pj's.
Life is good!

No comments: