Some of My Favorites

Monday, March 30, 2009

Dandelions

In April the Military Brats Etsy Street Team is having a Dandelion Challenge. The dandelion is the official symbol of the military brat. I am a military brat. My dad served in the Navy. We were transferred to San Diego when I was a toddler. I am one of the few brats who didn't have to move all the time because of a parent being stationed in different parts of the United States and world.

I made a bracelet for my challenge entry. I chose the yellow beads to symbolize the dandelion before it changes to the seedlings. I chose the millefiori beads to represent the the lands that dandelions can grow in. The crystals represent the dandelion when the seedlings are ready to fly away and plant their new roots. I just learned that the white puffy part of the dandelion is actually called a "wishie" or a spherical "clock". The English origin of dandelion comes from the French translation dente de lion which means "lion's tooth". (Wikipedia)




1 comment:

Jaime said...

beautiful work! Love the color play! :)