Some of My Favorites

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A better day


After talking it out with my sister and husband, there is a possibility that my son is telling the truth. Could I really be a grandma? Could he really be a father? Oh my! Only time will tell.

Today my daughter, her friend, and I went out to lunch with my best friend and her little guy. He is already a month old. Man, time flies. He is still so adorable. I am very happy for her. We went to Mimi's for lunch. The food was good. The waitress was rude. She rushed us through the entire meal. I wasn't even half way through my meal and she brought the check. I moved the check to get it out of the way and she swooped over to collect. I spoke to the manager and she brought out the general manager. I was offered a gift certificate. I said I didn't think I would be coming back. It was just really rude.

My sister is on cloud nine. She and her boyfriend are back together. He is lucky I like him. JK. He has asked her several times if I am mad with him. Yes. Mad that he her hurt her feelings. I figured he had cold feet. It was not as though they were going to get married, just the commitment scared him. He has taken care of his ailing father for years. His father just passed and will be dearly missed. I wish the two of them well. They are a great couple.

Life is good. Who knows I might actually be a grandma. (smile)

2 comments:

Zo-Be Designs said...

Mimi's always seems to be that way. Good food, bad service. Fingers crossed that the whole baby thing works out the way you want it to!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you!!!!