Some of My Favorites

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Taking a walk does wonders

I have been in a slump the last two days, and a few more, over the house business and then my oldest son. My youngest son has football practice every weekday. Some days he has it twice a day. He has asked me a few times to come and walk the track. I figured he wanted me to walk the track while he hung out with friends. So, I wasn't too intested. Yesterday he asked again. I told him no and gave him the excuse that I was hungry and my shorts had gotten wet at the pool. I had been watching my daughter and her friends at the complex pool and had my feet in the water. I changed my clothes, put on tennies and surprised him. He surprised me, too. He and a friend he knows from elementary school were already walking the track and joined me. It was cool. I think we went around four times. I felt so much better afterwards.

I had high hopes that my oldest would miraculously change after being at boot camp for just two weeks. Nope. I am working on accepting that is who he is. It upsets me that he doesn't tell the truth with a lot of things. A lot of them are really serious like his girlfriend being pregnant. I just don't understand why he does that. Perhaps I never will.

My husband's aunt used to tell me, "Chin up, boobies out." Made me laugh then and makes me smile now. Reminds me I want to give her a call.

Taking a walk does do wonders. It is even more fun when your fourteen year old walks with you even though the junior varsity and varsity girls' cheer team is running/walking the track at the same time. Priceless.

No comments: