Some of My Favorites

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I tell ya...

Yesterday we signed cancellation documents for the purchase of the house. Originally we were preapproved for a mortgage loan and a down payment loan in April. In May our broker told us there were some changes with the requirements. Okay. Nothing more said. Last Monday we received written approval from the seller's second lender. Happy dance, right? Nope. Our broker called and told us the approval news and then that we no longer qualify for the down payment loan. The requirements had changed the week prior. (Thanks for the heads up.) So, there we stood with dual approval and no down payment. I asked her didn't we qualify. Yes, she said. I asked how we qualified for the mortgage loan without having the down payment. I am guessing I am just naive. From the way she explained it to me is sounds like she had written up the loan with the assumption that we had the down payment money from a relative. Nope.

I was doing our banking last week and saw a pending charge for the appraisal. She told me she had post-poned the appraisal. I didn't understand. Today I emailed her and she said the fee is paid upfront. My blood was beginning to boil. Pardon my french, but what the hell? I asked to have it refunded. She replied and said she took care of it.

I think when we go down this road later we will find a different broker. Ugh. Maybe that is how all of this works, but I don't like the not knowing. Thank goodness our realtor was more helpful.

On the upside, sort of, I got two letters from my oldest son who is at his second week of boot camp. Funny thing is I had just mailed off my first letter to him right before checking the mail. He says he is doing well. He has put on weight which is good. He was really lean when he left. He says he misses us. That was nice to hear. Then he drops the bomb. Mind you he is great with the shock and awe factor. He is not so great with telling the truth about a lot of things. I have told him he ought to become a writer since he is so imaginative. Back to the news he had. He asked me to please bring his girlfriend (on and off) with us to his graduation in Sept. Says that I am going to be a grandma in 9 months. What?! Says he is happy and hopes I am too.

I called her mom. She said that was news to her. Her daughter still lives at home. She hasn't been acting any different. Says she will ask her when she gets home. A little bit ago her daughter/the girlfriend calls me. No, she is not pregnant. Says this is the third time my son has done this to her mom. Idk. So frustrating. Had a scare a few years back. Turned out yes the girl was, but it wasn't my son's. Grrr. I am so hoping the military is an opportunity for him to realize the truth is the way to go. Just frustrating.

No comments: